Willow Creek Law, LC
8160 S. Highland Drive, Suite 300
Sandy, Utah 84093

Advance Medical Directive

doctor-1149149_1920In Utah, you can designate someone to make medical decisions for you (in case you are unable to). That person is called a “health care agent.” This designation supersedes the previous way this was done, which was done by executing a special health care power of attorney.

The same form can be used for making decisions about prolonging life. Previously, people used a “living will” in Utah to inform others about their end-of-life decisions.

The new form is more of a check-the-box type method of handling these important decisions.

The forms include an instruction sheet to guide you through the process and the Advance Medical Directive form itself. You do not need counsel to fill it out, but you should read the instructions carefully before proceeding–whatever choices you make may have significant weight at some point in your future.